WimLabs announces the availability of a radically improved version of WimTVPro, a plug-in for the Drupal and WordPress CMSs.
Read below to know why a designer/manager of a web site based on a WordPress or Drupal CMS should use WimTVPro.
- Download WimTVPro from , you install it, you run it and go
- Register with WimTV
- Choose a storage/bandwidth package, possibly a free one
- Upload videos to WimTV
- Create your Web TV
- Post your videos, create play lists
- Set access criteria for your fans or customers
- Decide how you want to stream your videos: for free or as pay per view
- Cash the amount paid by your customer (minus WimTV share and PayPal commission
- Go to the WimTV marketplace and get the videos you need at the conditions offered by the seller if you do not have enough videos yourself
- Stream a live event from your WimTVPro console, in free or pay mode, with the same revenue sharing arrangement of point 9.
- Use an external producer or a web producer to stream your events
- Stream a live event organized by a third party by defining the revenue sharing ratio between you and the event organiser
- Get automatically the on-demand version of a live-streamed event at the end
- Watch on demand and live videos WimView, an app for Smart TV and Android (iOS is coming soon)
- Get a personalized player and access stats
- Embed your videos – both on demand and live – on any web site.
You can already do a lot with WimTVPro. But this is not an end point because many new features are in the pipeline.
I do not want to spoil your surprise but the next news is the possibility to create a live video programs, i.e. a television on the web, whose components cab be on demand and live videos…
The workshop addressed some of the most relevant technologies being standardised by MPEG. This is the programme
WimLabs displayed its array of WimTV apps, plugins and services at SMAU Torino (Lingotto Fiere, Padiglione 1 – Stand B 48)
- WimLance – an app to request and provide videos with given features – and pay/be paid for it. Works on Android/iOS
- WimLive – a service to live stream your or a third-party’s events – with revenue sharing
- WimTrade – a service to offer/buy video content rights
- WimTVPro – a plugin for Drupal/WordPress to do on your site almorst everything you can do on the WimTV site
- WimView – an app for Android/Smart TV to browse and view WimTV videos
- WimVod – a service to manage your webTV amd stream your videos free or pay
- WimHost – a service for bulk-hosting of your video material
The title of the speech was Digital Media Accessible to All and the content regarded the WimTV evolution roadmap, the use of key MPEG standards such as Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH) and MPEG Media Transport (MMT) and the prospects of Information Centric Networking (ICN).
Leonardo has been awarded the Faraday medal of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
WimLabs announces the availability of the WimTVPro, a plug-in for the Drupal and WordPress CMS to exploit the full features of the WimTV multimedia platform natively from Drupal.
WimLabs announces the availability of the WimView app for Samsung Smart TV. Go to the Samsung Store to download and install WimView to browse through the WimTV Web TVs and their videos.
WimLabs concludes participation in the SMAU exhibition. WimLabs has presented its WimTV platform and the manifold aspects of it.
WimLabs announces that the demo installation of the “Market for Audio-Visual in the Digital domain” (MAVD) is available for tests.
Now you can directly assess the different functionality of the platform, including payments, performed in sandbox mode.
WimLabs announces release of WimView, an Android app that lets users browse through WimTV WebTVs, select a WebTV, browse through its videos, select a video and play it. Go to Google Play Store to download the app. A new distribution channel is available to those running a WebTV on WimTV and another reason for opening one if you have not yet done so.