WimLabs announces the availability of a radically improved version of WimTVPro, a plug-in for the Drupal and WordPress CMSs.
Read below to know why a designer/manager of a web site based on a WordPress or Drupal CMS should use WimTVPro.
- Download WimTVPro from , you install it, you run it and go
- Register with WimTV
- Choose a storage/bandwidth package, possibly a free one
- Upload videos to WimTV
- Create your Web TV
- Post your videos, create play lists
- Set access criteria for your fans or customers
- Decide how you want to stream your videos: for free or as pay per view
- Cash the amount paid by your customer (minus WimTV share and PayPal commission
- Go to the WimTV marketplace and get the videos you need at the conditions offered by the seller if you do not have enough videos yourself
- Stream a live event from your WimTVPro console, in free or pay mode, with the same revenue sharing arrangement of point 9.
- Use an external producer or a web producer to stream your events
- Stream a live event organized by a third party by defining the revenue sharing ratio between you and the event organiser
- Get automatically the on-demand version of a live-streamed event at the end
- Watch on demand and live videos WimView, an app for Smart TV and Android (iOS is coming soon)
- Get a personalized player and access stats
- Embed your videos – both on demand and live – on any web site.
You can already do a lot with WimTVPro. But this is not an end point because many new features are in the pipeline.
I do not want to spoil your surprise but the next news is the possibility to create a live video programs, i.e. a television on the web, whose components cab be on demand and live videos…
WimLabs displayed its array of WimTV apps, plugins and services at SMAU Torino (Lingotto Fiere, Padiglione 1 – Stand B 48)
- WimLance – an app to request and provide videos with given features – and pay/be paid for it. Works on Android/iOS
- WimLive – a service to live stream your or a third-party’s events – with revenue sharing
- WimTrade – a service to offer/buy video content rights
- WimTVPro – a plugin for Drupal/WordPress to do on your site almorst everything you can do on the WimTV site
- WimView – an app for Android/Smart TV to browse and view WimTV videos
- WimVod – a service to manage your webTV amd stream your videos free or pay
- WimHost – a service for bulk-hosting of your video material
WimLabs announces the availability of the WimTVPro, a plug-in for the Drupal and WordPress CMS to exploit the full features of the WimTV multimedia platform natively from Drupal.
WimLabs announces the availability of the WimView app for Samsung Smart TV. Go to the Samsung Store to download and install WimView to browse through the WimTV Web TVs and their videos.
WimLabs concludes participation in the SMAU exhibition. WimLabs has presented its WimTV platform and the manifold aspects of it.
WimLabs announces that the demo installation of the “Market for Audio-Visual in the Digital domain” (MAVD) is available for tests.
Now you can directly assess the different functionality of the platform, including payments, performed in sandbox mode.
WimLabs announces release of WimView, an Android app that lets users browse through WimTV WebTVs, select a WebTV, browse through its videos, select a video and play it. Go to Google Play Store to download the app. A new distribution channel is available to those running a WebTV on WimTV and another reason for opening one if you have not yet done so.
WimLabs announces release 1.2 of WimTV, dubbed WimTrade. This new service offers owners of valuable content a unique means to economically exploit them.
All that is required is to open a shop in WimTV, post assets with intended licence that includes payment conditions and promote the shop and the content posted in it.
Another WimTV user can view brief illustrative clips of each video and, if interested get licence for use of the video.
WimTrade supports different licensing models:
- One time payment
- Royalty per view
- Revenue sharing
- Combinations of the above
The WimTV platform ensures that videos acquired in the WimTV marketplace are used according to licences, obviously as long as videos stay in WimTV.
Please see an overview of WimTV and the specific WimTrade functionalities.
WimLabs announces release 1.1 of WimTV, dubbed WimLive. This new service offers unique support to the economic exploitation of live events (sport, concerts, conferences etc.).
The WimLive service model supports live streaming of events that can be
- “Pay” with a single entity that organises and distributes the event
- “Pay” with two entities – Event Organiser and Event Reseller – performing the two functions separately.
By using simple amministration pages, an Event Reseller who has an agreement with an Event Organiser can manage event schedules by setting, for each event, such parameters as start day/time, duration, URL where the event is available, price and revenue sharing percentage between the two entities.
For each payment received from a user, WimTV retains an agreed percentage and automatically accredits the agreed percentage to the Event Organiser’s and Event Reseller’s PayPal accounts.
WimLive makes it possible to exploit events which were so far hard to get an economic return from. Of particular relevance is the minimum level of administrative charges required to handle business relations among parties.
Please see an overview of WimTV and the specific WimLive functionalities.
WimLabs announces release of “Market for Audio-Visual in the Digital domain” (MAVD), an ICT platform for in house or cloud-based use.
MAVD is targeted to the needs of companies with sizeable audio-visual archives which need to promote and economically exploit their assets in a B2B market.
Many such companies are unable to extract value from them and, if they do, they most likely have to sustain very high costs.
A MAVD istallation offers its users five types of functionality:
- Archivist uploads and describes audio-visual assets with appropriate metadata
- Seller manages contacts with customers, sales, payment and invoicing
- Publisher makes available samples of video for visitors to watch
- Buyer interacts online or offline with Seller to acquire videos of his interest
- Admin manages accounts and system-wide metadata.
Interested people can open trial MAVD accounts with email or skype support to have a first hand experience of the manyfold and innovative functionalities of the platform and the substantial benefits they can bring.
Please see a MAVD overview.