At the suggestion of Steve Morgan, THE [RE]DESIGN GROUP, I initiate a new “MPEG to Industry” Hall of fame complementing the MPEG Hall of fame where I highlighted those who helped make MPEG what it eventually became, besides standards development.
Suggestions are open. If you want to make a nomination please send an email to Leonardo adding the name of the nominee and a brief text explaining the contribution of the nominee to convert one or more MPEG standards into products.
[2020/07/15, Steve Morgan]
The honorable Mr. Jerry Pierce was responsible for helping Matsushita (aka Panasonic) establish the Digital Video Compression Center (DVCC), which was Hollywood’s first and foremost DVD Mastering facility. During it’s 7 years if operations, DVCC released over 87% of Hollywood’s “A” titles on DVD.
Posts in this thread
- MPAI – do we need it?
- New standards making for a new age
- The MPEG to Industry Hall of fame
- This is ISO – An incompetent organisation
- This is ISO – An obtuse organisation
- What to do with a jammed machine?
- Stop here if you want to know about MPEG (†)
- This is ISO – A hypocritical organisation
- The MPEG Hall of fame
- Top-down or bottom-up?
- This is ISO – A chaotic organisation
- A future without MPEG
- This is ISO – A feudal organisation